Tithe Barn is a busy Deli / Café situated in the village of Cosby, Leicestershire which is open 7 days a week, serving breakfast, lunch and early evening meals. The deli also offers a takeaway service to include hot drinks, scones, pastries, freshly prepared sandwiches and accompaniments.
Working within a team of chefs, you will possess deep knowledge of food preparation activities, ingredients and food combinations and use this knowledge in preparing exceptional meals. The main duty will be to make sure that all ingredients are available without any hindrances or delays. The culinary world depends highly on customer satisfaction so it is important to do everything on time.
- Ensure clean cooking utensils, chopped ingredients and clean work areas so you can get right down to work.
- Ensure that order plates are aesthetically arranged and that the portions are accurate.
- Assist with cooking and preparing dishes for all service periods
- Refer to list of needed ingredients on a day-to-day basis and check inventory
- Prepare ingredients by chopping vegetables and meats
- Assist head chef in cooking dishes according to set recipes
- Make arrangements to store food items in a safe and orderly manner
- Rotate frozen food items as standardised in the kitchen rule book
- Maintain kitchen order by ensuring cleanliness of tables, counters and work areas
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen equipment and utensils
- Operate kitchen equipment such as ovens and grills for cooking purposes
- Maintain knowledge of all recipes so that the head chef’s place can be filled in effectively in case of absenteeism
- Set prepared dishes so that they look aesthetically pleasing
- Make-certain that appropriate portions have been dished out
- Exceptional culinary insight.
- Knowledge of standard food preparation and storage techniques are considered a plus point and the ability to work in a high volume environment is a plus point.
- Able to read and speak fluently in English.
- Food safety training an advantage
- Negotiable dependent on individual.